Government UXR Program Specialist
Beeck Center Program Specialists are hired to advise on specific initiatives within Beeck Center projects and coordinate within project teams to deliver programming efficiently and effectively. Our Program Specialists oversee progress toward program deliverables while providing specialized support to technical assistance, resource development, or network-building efforts. Program Specialists are critical for deepening the impact of the Beeck Center’s programs that equitably deliver impact at scale by supporting the use of public interest technology for social good.
The Digital Service Network’s (DSN) mission is to support governments that use data, design, and technology to deliver services. This has attracted a wide array of members, ranging from senior officials in formalized digital service teams, to government employees who work in data, design, information technology, and general management services. Our goals are to promote the increased efficiency and effectiveness of investment in government digital services and convene practitioners to scale best practices in digital service delivery. The DSN library is an example of a growing and trusted source for data, design, and technology resources.
The Beeck Center is seeking a Government UXR Program Specialist to assist with the growth, development, public good coordination, and management of the existing “User Research and Experience” community of practice. In addition to managing the user research community of practice, the Government UXR Program Specialist will coordinate resources and public goods for the Digital Services Library, upskilling network members in user-centered design, and will provide programming and trainings as needed to project teams and network members at the Beeck Center outside of the DSN.
Resource Development & Coordination (40%)
- Manage UXR content collection and curation for the Digital Service Library
- Facilitate rapid response content creation; work with Researcher to develop broader research projects on UX/UXR
- Publish topical short form recaps, articles, analysis, and case studies from engagement with the Digital Service Network community
- Coordinate UXR content section for monthly newsletter; develop quarterly round-up newsletter of UXR resources and content
Facilitation & Programming Management (40%)
- Manage and grow the UXR subnetwork including facilitation of monthly meetings and programming
- Develop and focus programming for local, state, and provincial governments
- Oversee virtual and/or in person convenings as needed
Cross-Beeck Center Coordination (20%)
- Act as a liaison for UX-related or digital service programming opportunities across Beeck Center projects
- Develop DSN partnerships with other public sector organizations focused on human centered design, user research and experience, community engagement, digital communications, etc.
Step 1: Beeck Center Supplemental Application (contact details, three (3) short-answer questions, interview logistical questions)
Step 2: Georgetown University Application (standard resume — no cover letter needed)
DEADLINE: The deadline for this application in order to be considered is Monday, September 18.