Senior Product Designer
About the Role
This is a full-time position reporting to our Manager of UX Design and joining a close-knit group of Product Designers.
As a Senior Product Designer, you will play a pivotal role in determining the look, feel, and user experience for one of our products within a growing product portfolio including enterprise software tools and mobile apps. You’ll dive into the weeds wherever needed within your product Pod to help keep the team moving. Based on the business and product context, constraints, and requirements, you’ll focus on designing what drives the most impact: innovating where it drives a key outcome and building from prior learnings to avoid reinventing the wheel.
What You'll Do:
- Effectively and empathically collaborate with cross-functional teams of researchers, product managers, engineers, marketers, and data scientists;
- Advocate for and employ user-centered design methodologies to thoroughly understand customer goals and pain points, and help others do the same;
- Design early-stage product ideas, learn from experiments, iterate quickly to propose new hypotheses, and deliver actionable insights to your team;
- Deliver end-to-end feature design work, including user journeys and flows, wireframes, mockups, and prototypes;
- Regularly present designs to stakeholders for feedback and to the company at large
- Mentor and collaborate with other designers to apply best practices, learn cutting edge techniques, and coordinate on a rich product ecosystem; and
- Help drive continuous improvement of our design practice from tools to process to team culture
What You Should Have
- Passion for civic engagement, campaigns, and equitability;
- Excellent product design fundamentals, including visual design, UI design, interaction design, and information architecture;
- Demonstrable real-world design expertise in complex SaaS products on teams using Agile software development methodologies;
- Skill in strategizing at a high level then breaking down and targeting the tactical pieces to realize the vision in a phased approach;
- Expertise in creating and using design systems to drive consistency and reusability throughout a suite of products;
- Deep understanding of accessibility and responsive/adaptive design to accommodate different form factors;
- A bias for action and the ability to thrive working in fast-paced climates (e.g., start-up or similar);
- A strong commitment to data-driven decision making: welcoming both qualitative and quantitative data on the impact of our products to enrich the iterative design process;
- Mastery of industry-standard design and collaboration tools such as Figma, Adobe Creative Suite, Jira, and Miro (or equivalent); and
- A portfolio that showcases how you designed real world solutions and the role you played in bringing them to life (online is preferred).
What you could have:
- Experience with CRMs, political or advocacy campaigns, and/or civic organizing products;
- Experience with analytics tools such as Pendo, Mixpanel, Fullstory, Google Analytics, or similar;
- Design expertise in data visualization;
- Visual identity branding experience; and/or
- Training in behavioral science (RCTs, interventions, etc.)
Talented Senior Product Designers come from all walks of life and career. If you are passionate about civic engagement and technology, please apply, even if you do not check every box!
Location, Compensation, and Benefits
The Senior Product Designer is a full-time, salaried position with a comprehensive benefits package. It is based anywhere in the U.S. The salary range for this position is $115,000 - $135,000 and is commensurate with experience.
Our Culture of Care
We work hard to create a culture of care to ensure that our staff are best equipped to lead happy, healthy, and balanced lives. To that end, we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance with 100% of premiums covered for you and qualifying family members;
- Retirement benefits with a 4% employer match;
- A flexible unlimited PTO plan;
- Generous paid parental leave;
- Pre-tax commuter benefits;
- A company laptop;
- A flexible remote work environment;
- A home office setup stipend for all new employees;
- Monthly reimbursement for remote work expenses;
- A yearly professional development fund;
- Mental health and wellness benefits through Calm and Better Help;
- Yearly in-person staff retreats;
- A welcoming culture that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion.
An Equal-Opportunity Employer with a Commitment to Diversity
Murmuration is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and as an organization committed to diversity and the perspective of all voices, we consider applicants equally of race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, disability, political affiliation, and national origin. We reasonably accommodate staff members and/or applicants with disabilities, provided they are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job.