CX-UX Lead-Experience Designer (W2, USA Only)
Our client, a successful Global Consumer Products company that sells health, beauty, and home care products is looking for a Lead for Customer Experience (CX) Digital Design.
This position can be 100% remote within the US. W2, no visa/work authorization sponsorship available
In this role, you will sit on the Global Digital Product and Experience Design team (DXD) with a number of amazing world-class designers. You will support a number of Agile Product Teams in delivering world-class software experiences, ranging from Native iOS apps to responsive web experiences. The DXD team is made up of both high-level agency resources and internal UI/UX professionals located in Michigan, California, Singapore, and around the globe. Together, you will create next-level experiences for our customers.
We are seeking an experienced Design Lead to head a team that designs experiences that are effortless, delightful, and valuable to customers. This person will cultivate a deep understanding of consumer needs across the journey and be able to identify the intersection of these needs and business goals. You are intensely interested in experience design, passionate about learning, and should view every customer interaction as an opportunity to create an exceptional customer experience. View the customer journey from end to end and identify gaps and opportunities to improve that experience.
This role will:
* Collaborate with business stakeholders to understand the problem to solve and experience the vision
* Approach complex business problems, aligning divergent stakeholder teams to a common plan
* Lead the experience design team to generate ideas, prototype, and test with business stakeholders
* Distill customer and business insights into design considerations, experience briefs, and documentation to guide UX designers and developers on product teams
* Document how the experience comes together using journey maps, user flows, blueprints, and experience briefs
* Evaluate integrated roadmaps from the perspective of the experience to ensure that there are no experience gaps or overlaps
* Orchestrate workshops with senior leaders to drive strategic discussions and alignment
* Inspire the team or agency partners to develop and implement bold solutions across the connected consumer journey
* Create and Critique designs
* Define, hone, and clarify digital consumer experience strategies
You Will Succeed by:
* Balancing strategic thought leadership and planning with applying strategy to execute in fast test and learn cycles
* Ability to influence and communicate effectively
* Guide cross-functional teams in thinking through complex and ambiguous issues and drive clarity when needed
* Working agile and maintaining flexibility with the ability to be effective amid ambiguity and uncertainty
* Manage team to complete the experience design using a repeatable design thinking methodology
* Provides strategic thought leadership and project problem-solving by helping teams to identify and define key issues, develop hypotheses, and design required analyses
* You will receive warm and robust support from experienced design leadership, but you will often be the only design lead working with a market or product team. So, you should be comfortable working independently and able to make thoughtful decisions with limited information
* BA/BS Creative or Design, Digital Technologies, Information
* 8 years, including interactive strategy experience and/or direct responsibility for managing digital technologies
* Demonstrated experience in UX, CX, or digital design with an understanding of how to leverage digital platforms and experiences to solve complex business problems
Nice to have: (as many as possible)
* You have excellent judgment and high design standards
* Proven track record of implementing breakthrough concepts and ideas with creativity and agility, inspiring cross-functional belief and delivery
* Able to offer strategic insight or oversight in the creative briefing process in her/his past and has straddled multiple projects or brands at one time.
* Willingly to mentor and provide leadership within the team and across product teams in an agile environment
* You're able to map the digital customer experience to technology ecosystems, identifying what exists, what is needed, and what is not needed along the way.
* Contribute to projects that require insightful structure, direction, and well-defined goals. Provide clear assignment objectives, tasks, and deliverables so that the agency and clients can exceed expectations.
* Demonstrated collaborative style of leadership supportive of sharing of information/ideas freely and can create a team culture conducive to contribution, growth, and achievement
* Experience with design tools - journey maps, experience maps, experience blueprints, and briefs
* Global product/customer experience knowledge/experience
* Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum principles and techniques
* Working knowledge of Figma
* Deep understanding of the social and media landscape, digital platforms, data, and e-commerce
* Experience with research, including but not limited to design research, ethnographic research, interviewing, survey design, and data analysis
* An interest in trends, from culture to people and business to climate, and how that impacts our world
* Experience working in a creative environment with designers, and an interest in human-centered design (sometimes called design thinking)
* A second language (and every additional language is a plus!)
* Experience with eCommerce and direct sales business model
* Experience with a health or wellness consumer products
* Experience with digital customer experience (CX) measurement, insights, and management tools: Foresee, Medallia, Gainsight, Qualtrics
* Strong strategic aptitude, proven ability to define an experience design strategy and gain buy-in from stakeholders at all levels
Ref - 24285